As reported by the Office for National Statistics, in 2021, Suffolk had:
- approximately 763,375 residents
- 7,026 live births
- 7,828 deaths
Get to know Suffolk's population. Our team have created an interactive dashboard that shows important facts and figures about people living in Suffolk.
Suffolk has a larger proportion of people aged 65 and over than the rest of England.
- Population growth since 2011 has occurred only in the 65 years and over compared to other ages. This is not expected to change.
- In 2021, nearly 1 in 4 people living in Suffolk were within this age range.
- Over the next 20 years, 1 in 3 people living in Suffolk is expected to be aged 65 years and over.
- Some areas in Suffolk have already surpassed these projections. For example, 2021 census data indicates that 40.3% of Felixstowe East (Middle Super Output Area) residents were age 65 and over.